kindergarten schedule - important dates
- August 22 (Monday), 2016 Assessment Day/Exit Interview (All Day)
- September 7 (Wednesday), 2016 Family Conferences *
- September 8 (Thursday), 2016 Family Conferences *
- September 9 (Friday), 2016 Kindergarten Jump Start **
- September 13 (Tuesday), 2016 FIRST FULL DAY FOR ALL KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS
- *During your Exit Interview on August 22nd, you will choose a preferred day and either am or pm time to meet with your child's teacher for Family Conferences. Family Conferences last approximately 20-30 minutes. When class lists are created, you will be notified of your exact Family Conference time.
- ** During your exit interview, you will also choose a preferred day for Jump Start. Half of your child's class will attend school for the ENTIRE school day on September 9th and the other half will attend school for the ENTIRE school day on September 12th. When class lists are created, you will be notified of which Jump Start day your child will be attending.
BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
Arlington Public Schools recognizes that purchasing school supplies has been an increasing demand for our families and a financial hardship for some. Because we ask for community support for our schools through levies and other fundraising activities, the schools will now provide most of the needed school supplies (including supplies to complete class projects at home). Read what will and will not be covered.
Welcome new families! Parents/guardians of new students should register their students at their neighborhood school after August 17 when schools reopen. Please bring a copy of your child's state-issued birth certificate, proof of residency, immunizations and information regarding their previous school when you register.
Transportation routes are now available on the website. They will also be included in the Family Handbook being mailed out to families in August.
The 2016-2017 Family Handbook will be sent to families in early August. This includes the district calendar, back to school activities for each school, district contact information, bus routes, free/reduced meal applications and our legal notices.