Did you know...
- The first day of school is Wednesday, September 4th @ 9:10 to 3:40.
- You are invited to our Back to School Night/BBQ on Tuesday, September 3rd @ 5:00.
- The school supply list is here
- Your input is requested! The annual APS family survey is posted here. Parents are invited to provide feedback on a number of areas.
- Need ideas for keeping kids learning this summer? Check out "Summer Scholar" pages.
- Pictures of Mrs. Engell's retirement party are here.
- Kent Prairie Elementary has been notified that we have received the Washington State Achievement Award in two categories: Overall Excellence and Science! These awards are based on the results of the 2011-12 MSP scores and are reflective of growth in all areas! The efforts required to get our students ready for the third grade Readng/ Math MSP, the fourth grade Reading/Math/Writing and the fifth grade Reading/Writing/Science assessments start with our Kindergarten teachers and move on to each grade! Our students work hard and are guided by a strong teaching and support staff! How about a big Coyote Howl! Letter from State Superintendent of Schools. Letter to parents. We proudly hold our new banner:
Below: Kent Prairie/Arlington Public Schools Team accept the award from the State Supt. of Schools,
Randy Dorn on right and State Board of Education members in Kent, Washington.
- New Student registration forms can be found here. Early registration for Full Time and Half Time Kindergarten is open. The Kent Prairie office will be open August 12.
- Our district has established a new way to communicate with our community through our Connect Ed system. We can send emails out to those who would like "to be in the know" about district issues, events, publications, etc. To become a key communicator, you can go to this link and sign up. It's easy and informative.
- Here is a great link to download applications for low-cost/free Healthy Kids/Health insurance. Applications are available in other languages too. Check out the information on food stamps, and other resources, etc. Information from our Arlington Public Schools Health services is available here.
- You can log on to Family Access to read newsletters and other important communication pieces from the school office and your child's teacher. Don't know your login? Call the school office to get your Family Access login. Need help? Click Here
- Pictures of Star Coyotes for April are now posted. Star Coyotes are students who are honored each month for the monthly focus character traits.
- Every Friday is "School Spirit" Day. Wear your KP apparel or school colors with pride!
Click here to download a "Problem Report".
- Send a positive comment to a staff member. You can use the "KP Coyote Howl" cards available in the office, on a bulletin board in the hall or download a copy. Drop them off in the office or deliver them in person.
- April 2013, Kent Prairie received the Washington State Achievement Award in two areas: Overall Excellence and Science
*Part of the "No Child Left Behind" Federal legislation. We celebrated with the students! Check out the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction report card link.
- August, 2012 Kent Prairie was ranked as a "Rewards" school, a "high progress" school by the new ranking list from Washington State waiver of No Child Left Behind. KP is one of 58 schools in the state.
- 2010-2011 Kent Prairie met Adeduate Yearly Progress* The State Board of Education ranked Kent Prairie as "exemplary".
- 2009-2010 Kent Prairie met Adeduate Yearly Progress*
- 2009-2010 Kent Prairie was named "School of Distinction" Party with Students- Announcement to Staff and Board Presentation pictures.
Make it a great day or not! The choice is yours!