Athletic Office: 360-618-6420
Athletics is a wonderful way for students to get involved with something after school. The school offers several different sports throughout the year.
To be eligible for participation you must...
- Be a 7th or 8th grade student
- Complete all forms in the athletic packet (see below)
- Purchase an ASB card and pay your participation fee
- Meet all requirements listed in athletic packet (see below)
- Meet the following academic standards
- Students must be passing every class
- Grade checks will be every two weeks
- Any student who does not meet the minimum academic standard will be placed on academic probation during which time she/he may practice but cannot participate in games, meets, or matches.
- After one week, if the student is passing all classes, she/he will be off probation. If all grades are not above passing, the student will continue on academic probation until the next two-week check. For athletes on probation, coaches will have the option of requiring study hall.
- If a varsity player is on academic probation, the coach will have the option of exchanging that player for a JV player.
Athletic Participation Fee
Arlington School District charges a participation fee of $50.00 for each sport a middle school student joins. Middle school student-athletes must pay their fee when turning in the required paperwork. Checks should be made payable to the Arlington School District.
Athletic fee refunds will be provided under the following conditions:
- Student athlete quits due to illness or injury prior to first inter-scholastic contest.
- Student athlete quits due to family moving prior to first inter-scholastic contest.
No refunds will be approved for student athletes who are dropped for athletic code violations or who quit after the first interscholastic contest.
FALL (September-October) = Cross Country
WINTER A (November-December) = Girls' Volleyball & Boys' Basketball
WINTER B (January -February) = Girls' Basketball & Wrestling
SPRING (April-May) = Track & Field